Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Omniscient – Only God

Meditate.

O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! Psalm 139:1-6

David gave great advice to his son, Solomon, about seeking God…and how God sees everyone’s heart and knows their thoughts. That advice holds true for us, too. God hasn’t changed and didn’t just know people in David’s time. He knows our hearts, souls, and minds better than we know ourselves.

And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 1 Chronicles 28:9

Jesus knows our thoughts. You know He is God. His qualities are like that of our Heavenly Father God. Jesus knew the disciples’ thoughts and He hasn’t changed. He knows our thoughts, too.

Jesus knew immediately what they were thinking, so he asked them, "Why do you question this in your hearts?" Mark 2:8

Be careful what you think, say and do. God knows your motives and actions even before you do. He knows all. Remember that David said if you seek God you will find Him. Are you seeking Him today? Does knowing God’s omniscience draw you closer in your relationship with God? 

Focus on the pure and lovely.

Prayer ~ Lord God, You are awesome and I acknowledge that You know me better than I know myself. You have examined my heart and know everything about me (Psalm 139:1).  Guide me that I would have pure thoughts, seek to know You more deeply, and to serve You graciously. As Paul taught…And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. May we fix our thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. From Philippians 4:8.

Verses of Salvation ~ So you must remain faithful to what you have been taught from the beginning. If you do, you will remain in fellowship with the Son and with the Father. And in this fellowship we enjoy the eternal life he promised us. 1 John 2:24-25

Salvation is eternal life.

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted 
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com 



No comments: