Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Omnipresent – God is Everywhere

Meditate as you consider the presence of God.

I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night—but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you. Psalm 139:7-12 

God is everywhere! David wrote about not being able to hide from or escape from God. He is everywhere. Why would anyone want to hide from God? Lots of reasons…but consider that because of His omniscience He knows our thoughts and actions—we can’t hide. Someone might be ashamed of their actions…and want to escape God’s punishment. They can’t. God knows where they are and sees them. 

Jesus is the light of the world. 
His light guides us safely through the darkness.
You cannot hide from Him.

In these gray days of winter, it almost feels like night constantly. When I’ve experienced depression in the past, I recall it seemed dark and dreary, too. But David tells us that darkness is the same as daylight to God.  That light draws us to Him. Jesus is the light of the world. He is everywhere… spreading His light and love. Seek Him. Seek His light in your life. 

Prayer ~ Lord God, You are everywhere. I couldn’t escape You even if I wanted to, but I find immeasurable assurance in knowing that You are with me always…everywhere! Thank You that I am never alone. 

Praying for the family and friends of my cousin, Sandy, who went to be with You, Jesus, yesterday. Light up their lives with Hope, Your Peace, Strength and Love. 

Verses of Salvation ~ As written by Paul…But you, Timothy, certainly know what I teach, and how I live, and what my purpose in life is. You know my faith, my patience, my love, and my endurance. You know how much persecution and suffering I have endured. You know all about how I was persecuted in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra—but the Lord rescued me from all of it. Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived. But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. You have been taught the Holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:10-15 (Underlined for emphasis.)

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com



No comments: