Monday, January 31, 2022

What Will You Do When You Find God?

Start with Prayer ~ Lord God, I am looking to You for my hope for the future. I know You have a plan…and I am just waiting for it to be fulfilled. Will You call us to join You during my lifetime? I am so excited to see You at work fulfilling Your prophecies. As I read and study Your word today, show me what it is You want me to do today—show me how to serve You according to Your plan.

“For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.” Jeremiah 29:11-13

 

Meditate.

 

Plans. Plans for good…not evil…not disaster. That gives us hope and security. A future. Knowing God, we know that He loves us—that gives us security and hope. To love and be loved is the greatest of all basic emotions. Once again, I recognize that love is essential to life. Without it babies fail to strive…and people can be so discouraged that they lose hope and may even consider taking their own life. This seems to be escalating during this COVID pandemic with so much depression, loneliness during isolation, fear, and insecurity. Now is the time to reach out…at the very least to pray…for those who don’t have the hope and security that each of us has who knows God. Pray. Pray for others. Pray for yourself. God promises to listen. God has a plan—a hope for the future for all who believe in Him. So,   believe. Trust God for your future. Seek Him. Look earnestly for Him…and you will find Him.

 

What will you do when you find God? When you find Him, don’t reject Him. Accept His plan and love Him with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength. That is just what Jesus said to do…love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. Mark 12:30

 

Verses of Salvation ~ Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me. Isaiah 45:22-23

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT)

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 



Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character



Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories
(Children’s storybook)


No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24 


Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

No comments: