Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Seek and Remember God Today

Meditate.

Water jug in Israel.
Yes, remember your Creator now while you are young, before the silver cord of life snaps and the golden bowl is broken. Don't wait until the water jar is smashed at the spring and the pulley is broken at the well. For then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:6-7

 

Good advice…remember your Creator…don’t forget what God has done. In his second letter to Christians scattered around the known world Peter reminded believers not to forget what God has done.

I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostles. Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. They will say, "What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created." They deliberately forget that God made the heavens by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. Then he used the water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed. 2 Peter 3:2-7

Don’t be among the scoffers who mock the truth about God. Look at what happens to the ungodly in the end. They are destroyed. Do you really want to be part of that group? No. Live for the day of Jesus’ promised return—live remembering what God has done, especially for you. How do you see God working in your life today? You won’t see it if you don’t look for it. You might not see God unless you are looking for Him. A good place to find Him is in scripture. He is throughout every book in the Bible, although His name is not mentioned in the book of Esther. Still, He is there guiding the outcome of the prayer and fasting of the Jews. He hears your prayers…so cry out to Him…or sit and have a quiet conversation with Him as you finish reading this. Don’t wait until you are too old…and your body returns to the dust. Seek and remember God today.

 

Prayer ~ Lord God, I know that You are here with me for You have promised to never leave me or forsake me. That is probably my favorite promise. You make me feel loved and secure. Even as I grow older, I look forward to the day when You will call me to be with You forever, Jesus. For today…how may I serve You. As Peter wrote…I will care for the flock (family, friends, and neighbors) that You, God, have entrusted to me. I will watch over them willingly, not grudgingly--not for what I will get out of it, but because I am eager to serve You, my Lord and my God. From 1 Peter 5:2.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ Look up to the skies above, and gaze down on the earth below. For the skies will disappear like smoke, and the earth will wear out like a piece of clothing. The people of the earth will die like flies, but my salvation lasts forever. My righteous rule will never end! Isaiah 51:6

 

Memory Verse of the Week: And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11:6

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories (Children’s storybook)

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

No comments: