Saturday, January 15, 2022

Are You Ready to be Judged?

Meditate.

I watched as thrones were put in place and the Ancient One sat down to judge. His clothing was as white as snow, his hair like purest wool. He sat on a fiery throne with wheels of blazing fire, and a river of fire was pouring out, flowing from his presence. Millions of angels ministered to him; many millions stood to attend him. Then the court began its session, and the books were opened. ... As my vision continued that night, I saw someone like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient One and was led into his presence. He was given authority, honor, and sovereignty over all the nations of the world, so that people of every race and nation and language would obey him. His rule is eternal—it will never end. His kingdom will never be destroyed. Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14

 

The Ancient One is God the Father Himself. In verse 13, Jesus, the Son of Man, approaches the Ancient One so we know that this is not Jesus. It is His Father. As I’ve been meditating on verses from Revelation One this past week I’ve been struck by the description of Jesus. While He was on Earth He was a man like any other man…with probably black or dark brown hair and eyes. Now we see Him described in Revelation (below) with white hair. Has He suddenly gotten old or is it a sign of purity? I think that like Father, like Son, their white hair is a sign of purity. This is such an exciting revelation to me. It was there all along and I just saw it today. Have you ever had that experience of new insight into God’s word?

When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire. His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was like the sun in all its brilliance. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, "Don't be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave. Revelation 1:12-18

God’s word is alive. It doesn’t change and yet we can get new understanding each time we read it. 


The key to God's word...
It is alive and powerful.
It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
We are accountable to God.
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. Hebrews 4:12-13

Nothing is hidden from God. He hasn’t revealed Himself to us…but He gives us clues as in the passage of Daniel that His hair is white. Look for and ask God to give you an understanding of Him as you grow deeper in your relationship with Him. Holy. Holy. Holy is the Lord God Almighty. We are accountable to Him and will one day be judged. Are you ready for that?

 

Prayer ~ Lord God, I understand that everyone—even believers—will one day stand before You and be judged for their thought, words, and actions while we are here on earth. Help me, my family, friends, and neighbors make good choices, and grow in our understanding of You, that we would be pleasing to You—and that You would find us worthy of living in Your Holy city of New Jerusalem.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ "Listen to me, you who know right from wrong, you who cherish my law in your hearts. Do not be afraid of people's scorn, nor fear their insults. For the moth will devour them as it devours clothing. The worm will eat at them as it eats wool. But my righteousness will last forever. My salvation will continue from generation to generation." Isaiah 51:7-8


Memory Verse of the Week: And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Test yourself or recite this verse to someone. Did you memorize it? Does it mean anything different to you than it did at the beginning of the week?


Happy Heavenly Birthday to my Mom. 

She was an inspiration to so many people--ministering to them as Jesus would.

Thank You, Jesus, for allowing her to be part of our lives.

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories (Children’s storybook)

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

No comments: