Saturday, January 1, 2022

How Old Do You Feel Today?

Meditate. Happy New Year!

I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you. Isaiah 46:4

 

You are only as old as you feel. 
How old do you think this turtle is?


This blog entry marks the beginning of the eleventh year of this blog! It started out as a way to encourage my son and daughter…and a couple of friends…with scripture for each day. It was too long to just post on Facebook, so I started blogging. Each year I’ve followed a different theme. The first year was focusing on food in scripture—since food is so important to my family…we live to eat and eat to live! The next year I followed God’s guidance on parenting and wrote about the characteristics of Jesus and how God wants us to be like His Son. We can apply those characteristics to our children, grandchildren and even to ourselves. That year of devotions eventually became the book “Parenting Day by Day: Daily Devotional for Building Character” that was published by Kindle Direct Publish a couple of years ago. Other years this blog has concentrated on the habit of RSVP—responding to Jesus’ call on our lives; wisdom; the Holy Spirit; being prepared for Christ’s return; obedience to God’s will; and importance of memorizing and meditating on God’s word. It has often been a challenging exercise to daily write a blog and I will admit that I have repeated some of the entries over the years. This year I am focusing on growing older.

 

Moses was in his eighties when he led the Israelites out of Egypt. That probably means he had white hair! Now I am part of the group of “white hairs” that some people consider old, but we are only as old as we feel…and for me most days, that certainly isn’t OLD or ancient. During the past twenty years I’ve heard several senior citizens comment that getting old ain’t for sissies. I’ve now found that to be very true as my body and those of my family and friends begin to wear out, but God doesn’t give up on us just because we get old…or older. I praise the Lord for His wisdom, understanding, love, and mercy for the older generation. I claim His promise that was written in this focus scripture for today. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you. I’m counting on God to do just that for me…for my husband, my brothers, other family members, and friends. One of my favorite passages is that God has promised to never leave us or forsake us…whether we are old or young! Hang in there, everyone. God will be our God…forever! God is the God of His people, whether we are old, young or somewhere in-between. How old are you feeling today?

 

Prayer ~ Lord, as we start this New Year, may we seek to know You more; honor You with all we think, say and do; love You with all our heart, soul, mind and strength; and love those around us as we would love You or ourselves. Thank You for being the center of our lives.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation--the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ--for this will bring much glory and praise to God. Philippians 1:11

 

© 2022 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm


 


Do you have a daily devotional for 2022?


Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins of the Bible: New Testament Stories

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

No comments: