Thursday, January 13, 2022

That’s the Whole Story

Meditate. Stop and really think about God, His word and if you are respecting Him.

That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

 

Do you like secrets? How about the game “Hide and Seek”? My grandchildren have loooooved that game. A couple of them are so good at hiding that it is truly difficult to find them. Isaac once hid in a coat closet, among some coats and although I looked in that closet at least three times, I didn’t see him. He is good at hiding God’s word in his heart, too. Memorizing. Memorizing is much easier for little children, and when it is their habit, it seems to be easy for them. Memorizing has never been particularly easy for me. How about you? Even though I know that I want to please God—and He has graciously and generously given me faith in Him…it is still a challenge to memorize scripture. I have been assured that it isn’t an “age” thing—older people can memorize scripture. One of our dear friends was a retired pastor who was particularly gifted with memorizing and reciting Psalms. That was it…he was gifted. If you are struggling with scripture memorization, may I suggest that you first pray about it, then meditate on it? What does that scripture really say? What does it mean? How or what do you need to do to obey it?

 

This passage from Ecclesiastes, Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad, reminds us that we need to obey God’s command. One way to do that is to do as David did…I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11. We don’t want to sin…but it happens. A thoughtless word or action. Do you want to show respect for God…to fear the Lord? By “hiding” His word in your heart those words of His may come out instead of a thoughtless word that causes you to sin. You can only hope for that. I do. Hope—that is the whole story.

 

Prayer ~ Lord God, I am hiding Your word in my heart today…that I might not sin against You. I love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength…and live to please you. “Help me understand the meaning of your commandments, and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds.” Psalm 119:27

 

Ruins of the synagogue at Capernaum.
It had a sure foundation to still be standing.

Verse of Salvation ~ In that day he will be your sure foundation, providing a rich store of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge. The fear of the LORD will be your treasure. Isaiah 33:6

 

Memory Verse of the Week: And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11:6


© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. 

All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 


Books by Mickey M. Hunacek:

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories (Children’s storybook)

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

No comments: