Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Do You Receive this Blog via Email?

The Host of Blogspot is discontinuing the Email option of distributing blogs. If you want to continue to receive the blog via a daily email, please email me at banquetblog@gmail.com. Of course, you will still be able to access this blog at kingstablefeast.blogspot.com anytime. Please tell your friends. Thanks.

Meditate. Consider the changes in your live and how you’ve adapted.

Do you want to build some bigger silos?

Then he said, "Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own." Then he told them a story: "A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. He said to himself, 'What should I do? I don't have room for all my crops.' Then he said, 'I know! I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. And I'll sit back and say to myself, "My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!"' "But God said to him, 'You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?' "Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God." Luke 12:15-21

This is the last day of June…now the year 2021 is half gone. What will you make of the next six months? It is up to you. We all have choices to make…or to procrastinate and not make! Those choices can be real turning points in our lives. What will you choose today—whom will you choose to serve? Will you build bigger barns and then eat, drink and be merry? Jesus’ advice, as recorded here by Luke…a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God. How’s your relationship with God these days? 

Prayer ~ Lord God, I am taking a lesson from the ants and learning from their ways. I want to become wise! Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. From Proverbs 6:6-8. Spiritually I want to gather up “food” and store it in my heart for the tough times ahead. Then I can eat, drink and be joyful—praising You all day long.

Verse of Salvation ~ My mercy and justice are coming soon. My salvation is on the way. My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm. Isaiah 51:5

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: