Thursday, June 24, 2021

Do You Rise Early?

Meditate. Rise early and hear God's voice in His word.

ק [Qoph] I pray with all my heart; answer me, LORD! I will obey your decrees. I cry out to you; rescue me, that I may obey your laws. I rise early, before the sun is up; I cry out for help and put my hope in your words. I stay awake through the night, thinking about your promise. In your faithful love, O LORD, hear my cry; let me be revived by following your regulations. Lawless people are coming to attack me; they live far from your instructions. Psalm 119:145-152

Jesus rose early to pray…to connect with His Father. He put His hope and trust in the guidance that God gave Him. Remember all the times He said that He didn’t speak for himself…but for His Father.

I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say. John 12:49-50

Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. John 14:10

What great examples Jesus and Ezra were for us. What time do you get up to spend with the Father before you start your day? I get up usually when I wake up—but rarely before the sun is up. Starting my day blogging gets me into God’s word…I live for His instruction, too, like Ezra. There is so much to study in God’s word. My husband and I follow a couple of Bible teachers on YouTube that talk about Bible prophesy and just the Bible in general. Our Small Group is doing a chronological study of Ezra and Nehemiah that just makes it come alive in our discussions. Why is it that some retired people are bored? I have so much to do that there just isn’t time to do everything I want to do! I’m also in the midst of writing and illustrating a children’s Bible storybook. Such fun. I guess I need to rise early and cry out for help from the Lord on that so I can get it finished this summer!

Ballon Rally at Prosser, Washington
Rise up early.

Do you rise early, before the sun is up, and spend time in prayer with the Lord? It would be great for your relationship with Him. I know I need to do more of that…get up early and pray. I do put my hope in His word.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus…I trust You and the Father God who sent You. For when I see You, I am seeing the one who sent You. You came as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in You will no longer remain in the dark. From John 12:44-46. Thank You for being a light in the darkness of this world—and for guiding us to the Father. I trust and love You with all of my heart, soul and mind. Please continue to guide and direct me with Your instructions…that came from the Father.

Verse of Salvation ~ LORD, give me your unfailing love, the salvation that you promised me. Psalm 119:41

Happy Anniversary to my Hunny! Forty-nine…and counting.

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: