Tuesday, June 15, 2021

I Put My Hope in God’s Word

Meditate. Where is your hope?

כ [Kaph] I am worn out waiting for your rescue, but I have put my hope in your word. My eyes are straining to see your promises come true. When will you comfort me? I am shriveled like a wineskin in the smoke, but I have not forgotten to obey your decrees. How long must I wait? When will you punish those who persecute me? These arrogant people who hate your instructions have dug deep pits to trap me. All your commands are trustworthy. Protect me from those who hunt me down without cause. They almost finished me off, but I refused to abandon your commandments. In your unfailing love, spare my life; then I can continue to obey your laws. Psalm 119:81-88

I put my hope in God’s word. God gives us hope in knowing His gospel—the good news that Jesus is God’s son, that He is God, He died for our sins and amazingly He was resurrected from the dead. Glory be to God for the hope and salvation that Jesus offers us. It is only with the grace of God that we know His word…and that we are saved from the evil that is in the world today. That same evil was in the world when this Psalm and all of the Old and New Testaments were written. Jesus saves us from the corruption, deceit, and just plain basic sin  which encompasses the world. We can’t escape it—but Jesus can protect us from it…and take it away. My hope is in Him…and I learn about Him through God’s word. In His grace and mercy God doesn’t expect us to keep all the laws that the Israelites had to keep in the Old Testament times, but it is because of God’s mercy that I won’t abandon His commandments and I will obey them.

Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor.  Proverbs 21:21

Prayer ~ Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17. May the Lord be with your spirit. And may his grace be with all of you. 2 Timothy 4:22 

Verses of Salvation ~ "For in just a little while, the Coming One will come and not delay. And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away." But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved. Hebrews 10:37-39


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com


No comments: