Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Do You Want to be Taugtht?

Meditate. Focus on God's word.

פ[Pe] Your laws are wonderful. No wonder I obey them! The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand. I pant with expectation, longing for your commands. Come and show me your mercy, as you do for all who love your name. Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil. Ransom me from the oppression of evil people; then I can obey your commandments. Look upon me with love; teach me your decrees. Rivers of tears gush from my eyes because people disobey your instructions. Psalm 119:129-136

Ezra was so focused on God’s word as he wrote this Psalm. God’s word is precious to me…and I presume that it is important to you or you wouldn’t even be reading this. It is good to have some comradery around the world. Did you know that this blog is read daily by people in several different countries? Last month I noted that there were 459 page views from individuals in eighteen various countries. This month we are nearing those figures and we still have more than a week before the end of the month. It is so encouraging to know that people are searching for the Lord and hopefully finding Him in the scripture passages in this blog.

I agree with Ezra…God’s laws, commands, decrees and instructions are wonderful. As humans we need His guidance in our lives as we live to please Him. What child doesn’t need some direction from their parent? God is our parent…our Heavenly Father. He gives us as much instruction as we want…as we search for Him. Without training we flounder hopelessly—like the rebellious Hebrew children in the Exodus from Egypt…and at other times that drove them away from God and into exile. Consider the verse that encourages parents as they prepare their children for life. The right path…the right way to live.

Kim and Amelia...hiking Badger Mt.
Direct them..take them by the hand
on the right path.
Lead them in the paths...
of righteousness.


Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.
Proverbs 22:6

Without that training or direction the child not only is disobedient their parents, but to God as well. Their life may seem wonderful at times, but is hopeless in the end. Think about children or teens that you’ve known whose babysitter was the TV; left to fend for themselves while their parent(s) worked or partied; not encouraged to choose good friends, have hobbies, play sports, or go to church. Disobedient parents generally have disobedient children. Do you want to be taught...and to teach others? 

Like Ezra…ask God to look on you with love and instruct you mercifully in His ways.

Prayer ~ Lord God, train me as Your child and look on me with Your love that everything I think, say and do would be pleasing to You. Please pour out Your wisdom on me that I would not only understand Your guidance, but apply it to my life as I seek to serve others for You.

Lord, I continue to pray for a healing touch for those who are in our thoughts and concerns. May You in Your mercy answer our prayers—for we, like the centurion, have faith that You can and will provide restored health (Matthew 8:5-13).

Verses of Salvation ~ Show us your unfailing love, O LORD, and grant us your salvation. I listen carefully to what God the LORD is saying, for he speaks peace to his faithful people. But let them not return to their foolish ways. Surely his salvation is near to those who fear him, so our land will be filled with his glory. Psalm 85:7-9


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: