Wednesday, June 16, 2021

You Give Me Life

Meditate. Who gives you life? Who will rescue you?

ל [Lamedh] Your eternal word, O LORD, stands firm in heaven. Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the earth you created. Your regulations remain true to this day, for everything serves your plans. If your instructions hadn't sustained me with joy, I would have died in my misery. I will never forget your commandments, for by them you give me life. I am yours; rescue me! For I have worked hard at obeying your commandments. Though the wicked hide along the way to kill me, I will quietly keep my mind on your laws. Even perfection has its limits, but your commands have no limit. Psalm 119:89-96

God and His words are so precious to me—for His instructions give me life. I truly feel that God has rescued me…from sin, of course, and from depression and my own bad attitude, some days. I am my own worst enemy. Ezra had an exceptional outlook on keeping God’s commandments. Under God’s grace, this side of the cross, we are not under the law…but personally I think that, like Ezra, I will quietly keep my mind on God’s laws—His commands have no limit. God hears me when I call out to Him. I am confident that He hears my prayers.

Turn your ear to listen to me; rescue me quickly. Be my rock of protection, a fortress where I will be safe. Psalm 31:2

Now may the LORD value my life, even as I have valued yours today. May he rescue me from all my troubles. 1 Samuel 26:24 (Spoken by David to Saul, after sparing his life.)

With Mt. Hermon in the distance, a warning....
Danger. Mines.
Wars. Rumors of wars.

God will rescue you. He has a plan.
God has spared my life. I look forward to a joyous homecoming and an eternal reward of life in Heaven—after spending a thousand years reigning with Christ. God has a plan…and He has promised an eternal life with Jesus our Savior, but look closely at the things that are foretold. Wars and battles. Gratefully, Jesus will be leading the battle and His angels will be fighting. His eternal word stands firm in heaven and we can count on God to fulfill His promises.

I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed: "O Lord, you are a great and awesome God! You always fulfill your covenant and keep your promises of unfailing love to those who love you and obey your commands. Daniel 9:4


Are you finding joy in your relationship with the Lord? Do you see His plan unfolding for the world?

Prayer ~ Lord God…"O Lord, you are a great and awesome God! You always fulfill your covenant and keep your promises of unfailing love to those who love you and obey your commands. From Daniel 9:4. Thank You for revealing Yourself to me and for the precious relationship we have together…forever. Thank You for Your promises.

Verses of Salvation ~ There were many priests under the old system, for death prevented them from remaining in office. But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf. Hebrews 7:23-25

Read that passage again and note that Jesus is able to save those people who come through Him to get to our Heavenly Father. Not works…not your folks or your best friend. Only through Jesus. If you never have asked Him to be your Savior, do it today.

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: