Saturday, June 19, 2021

Is Your Path Well Lighted?

Meditate. ‎Are you trying to walk in the dark...or searching for the light?

נ  [Nun] Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. I've promised it once, and I'll promise it again: I will obey your righteous regulations. I have suffered much, O LORD; restore my life again as you promised. LORD, accept my offering of praise, and teach me your regulations. My life constantly hangs in the balance, but I will not stop obeying your instructions. The wicked have set their traps for me, but I will not turn from your commandments. Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart's delight. I am determined to keep your decrees to the very end.  Psalm 119:105-112

Clay lamp like those used in Biblical times.
Light my way, Lord!

God’s word instructs us in the path to go…illuminated by Him. Jesus is called The Word in John 1:1. Additionally, Jesus said He was the Light of the World. He is that lamp to guide my feet…as well as my heart, soul and mind, giving me strength to press on. Giving me strength to obey.

Prayer ~ LORD, accept my offering of praise. You are an awesome God—knowing everything. I praise You for Your wisdom and gracious sharing of even just a little glimmer of that wisdom, giving me understanding of Your word…and of You. I treasure You…as well as Your laws. I want to continually and intentionally obey what You have taught me based on Your Commandments and application of Your laws through Your teachings in the New Testament. Your grace is sufficient for me.

Verses of Salvation ~ I praise God for what he has promised; yes, I praise the LORD for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? I will fulfill my vows to you, O God, and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help. For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light. Psalm 56:10-13

Rescued from death…into eternal life.

Bible Trivia Answer to the Question ~ Who will see Jesus when He comes again? Who will bow down to Him?

Look! He (Jesus) comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see him--even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for him. Yes! Amen! Revelation 1:7

Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me." The people will declare, "The LORD is the source of all my righteousness and strength." And all who were angry with him will come to him and be ashamed. Isaiah 45:22-24

Bible Trivia Question for next week ~ What was the attitude of Christ?


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: