Sunday, June 13, 2021

What Good Things Have Happened in Your Life?

Meditate.

ט[Teth] You have done many good things for me, LORD, just as you promised. I believe in your commands; now teach me good judgment and knowledge. I used to wander off until you disciplined me; but now I closely follow your word. You are good and do only good; teach me your decrees. Arrogant people smear me with lies, but in truth I obey your commandments with all my heart. Their hearts are dull and stupid, but I delight in your instructions. My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees. Your instructions are more valuable to me than millions in gold and silver. Psalm 119:65-72

You have done many good things for me, LORD, just as you promised.

What has God promised that He would do for you?

My favorite promise is that God will never leave me or forsake me. I’ve held onto this promise through struggles of grief and depression…and even through joyous times. I know that God is always with me.

What good things has the Lord done for you?

Choose which direction you will walk.
Will you follow God or Satan?

It is a good thing to look at our lives and realize that the good things didn’t just happen—nor did we “make” them happen. We’ve made good decisions that result in good things happening to us. Being honest with family and friends; in school, work, and shopping situations; and even in traffic conditions makes a difference in the outcome of circumstances. God is in those times, too, with the Holy Spirit guiding us. For me, I think it is times that I don’t follow that guidance that get me into trouble. I pray frequently…sometimes more than once a day for my grandchildren to make good decisions. It is every little decision along that way that mold our character and direct our paths. One little misstep can lead to disaster. Whether we follow God’s direction or Satan’s influence makes a difference. Whom do you choose to follow this day? If your relationship with the Lord is strong, you’ll choose His guidance and not be influenced by the satanic pressures of society. When you look at yourself at the end of the day you will be able to see what good things have happened to you today and why.

Prayer ~ Lord God…just as the people responded to Joshua when they were about to enter the Promised Land…"We will serve the LORD our God. We will obey him alone." Joshua 24:24. Whether good or not so good things happen in my life…I will still obey and serve You—for You are my Lord, my God and my Savior. I praise You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.

Verses of Salvation ~ God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:8-10 (Underlined for emphasis.)

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: