Thursday, June 10, 2021

Are You Feeling Loved?

 Meditate on God’s love, laws and commands.

ו  [Waw] LORD, give me your unfailing love, the salvation that you promised me. Then I can answer those who taunt me, for I trust in your word. Do not snatch your word of truth from me, for your regulations are my only hope. I will keep on obeying your instructions forever and ever. I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. I will speak to kings about your laws, and I will not be ashamed. How I delight in your commands! How I love them! I honor and love your commands. I meditate on your decrees. Psalm 119:41-48

Waw, vahv or va-v is the sixth letter in the Hebrew alphabet. Imagine a poem written in English with every stanza written beginning with the sixth letter of our alphabet…F. What words, or phrases, can you think of that begin with F that can be associated with love and God?  Faithful, forgiving, fair, feeling, forget, future with hope, fantastic, forbearing, fond, fond, firm, fearless, and friend.

Are you feeling loved? God offers us unfailing and unconditional love. Ezra, who wrote this Psalm, was pleading with the Lord to be loved with an unfailing love. Give me Your Love. Do you want His love? Are you feeling His love? With His love are you delighting in and obeying His commands, decrees and instructions? To know God, you need to know what He stands for and what He expects of those who know and love Him. What He expects is obedience.

Love and obedience are the keys to knowing and loving our God. Love is the key to having a good relationship with God…with anyone. Look at what the Apostle John wrote in reminding us to love one another.

I am writing to remind you, dear friends, that we should love one another. This is not a new commandment, but one we have had from the beginning. Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning. I say this because many deceivers have gone out into the world. They deny that Jesus Christ came in a real body. Such a person is a deceiver and an antichrist. Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked so hard to achieve. Be diligent so that you receive your full reward. Anyone who wanders away from this teaching has no relationship with God. But anyone who remains in the teaching of Christ has a relationship with both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:5-9

One of the most popular children’s song is “Jesus Loves Me” and it is well known that it is all about love. Jesus’ love is written about all through the Bible. Paul wrote about loving one another in his letter to the church at Thessalonica, encouraging us as we wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows. May he, as a result, make your hearts strong, blameless, and holy as you stand before God our Father when our Lord Jesus comes again with all his holy people. Amen. 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13

Amen. Let it be so. Love one another. Love God. Love your neighbor as yourself. Are you feeling the love? Do you love yourself?

Prayer ~ Lord God, Your commandments say, "You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet." These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: "Love your neighbor as yourself." From Romans 13:9. Show me how to intentionally love my neighbor and myself. By serving others, I am serving You…loving You and loving others as I love myself.

Verse of Salvation ~ LORD, give me your unfailing love, the salvation that you promised me. Psalm 119:41
© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: