Saturday, January 19, 2019

Will You Live in the House of the Lord…Forever?


For the LORD has chosen Jerusalem; he has desired it for his home. "This is my resting place forever," he said. "I will live here, for this is the home I desired. I will bless this city and make it prosperous; I will satisfy its poor with food. I will clothe its priests with godliness; its faithful servants will sing for joy. Psalm 132:13-16

Memory Scripture of the Week – Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:1-6

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.

Jerusalem - near the Western Wall.
Jerusalem - God's resting place...forever.
Has memorizing and reviewing this Psalm 23 scripture passage transformed your life? We’ve heard the 23rd  Psalm recited, preached and sung so much that we may just ignore it…or take it for granted—but there is so much there. A reassurance that God will take care of us—providing everything we need, protecting and rescuing us. It is humbling to know that God in His perfect love is pursuing us…searching for us. The best part is knowing that we will live with Him…in His house forever. Eternity is unmeasurable. It is hard for us mere humans to truly comprehend not only that we will live forever…but that we can and will be in God’s home all of that time. Endlessly.
"This is my resting place forever," he said. "I will live here, for this is the home I desired. Psalm 132:14
We wouldn’t have this assurance of eternal life if it weren’t for Jesus. He is our resting place.
Christ died for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when he returns, we can live with him forever. 1 Thessalonians 5:10
Will I see you in the air…or up there?

Prayer ~ Lord God, Thank you for Your plan for all eternity. Thank you seems hardly enough for all You’ve done and are still doing. Preparing a place for us. Pursing us with Your goodness and unfailing love. I am overwhelmed to be so love. You are an awesome God and I look forward to living in Your house…forever.

Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 22-24
.
© 2019 Text and Photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
www.blueletterbible.org/dailyreading

No comments: