Friday, January 18, 2019

Anoint With Oil

You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume. Luke 7:46

Memory Scripture of the Week – Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:1-6

You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.

In the hot dry climate through areas of Israel during Biblical times it was the custom to anoint the heads of one’s guests with oil. Jesus was reminding the Pharisee Simon who was host of a banquet in his home that Simon had neglected to give Him water to wash His dusty feet or to have his servants anoint His head…His hair with oil. Then a young lady washed His feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. What an honor. It was a great expression of love and respect.  

Coffee in Portugal. My cup is full of Joy.
My cup overflows….My heart overflows with abundant blessings from the Lord.
From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another. John 1:16

Then you put a leader over us. We went through fire and flood, but you brought us to a place of great abundance. Psalm 66:12
Jesus has promised us an abundance of joy. Ask for it, then your cup will overflow with blessings.
So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy. At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven't done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy. John 16:22-24

Prayer ~ Lord God, Thank You for Your promises...to bless those who ask. Give us abundant joy.

Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 19-21

How are you doing with this Memory Scripture?

Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table
Time to get well! I’ve still been plagued by this hacking winter cold. So it is time to get well!

Ginger Garlic Soup Recipe
52 organic garlic cloves (26 peeled and 26 unpeeled)
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
½ tsp. cayenne powder
½ cup fresh ginger, chopped or grated
2¼ cups sliced onions
1½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme
½ cup coconut milk
3½ cups organic vegetable broth
4 lemon wedges

To roast the garlic…Preheat the oven to 350F. Place 26  unpeeled garlic cloves in a small glass dish
Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, toss to coat. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes until garlic is golden brown. Alternatively, cook whole heads of garlic, unpealed and drizzled with olive oil, in a Instapot or pressure cooker for 10 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release. Then broil under the oven broiler for about 5 minutes until browned. Let the softened garlic cool, then squeeze the cloves between fingers to release them into a small bowl.

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, thyme, ginger and cayenne powder. Cook for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add roasted garlic and 26 raw garlic cloves and cook for about another 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until garlic is tender. Let cool briefly. Puree soup in a blender until smooth. Return to a saucepan, add coconut milk and simmer. Season with sea salt and pepper. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge into each bowl.

If there are leftovers, cover and refrigerate. Warm over medium heat.

Don’t spend any longer in bed and feeling more awful than you have to. Even if you aren’t sick, this is a delicious soup with tons of health benefits, so try it out!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - MIKE!
May God continue to bless you! Love You Much.
Love & Prayers…today and always.

© 2019 Text and Photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
www.blueletterbible.org/dailyreading

No comments: