Saturday, August 20, 2022

Will You See the Lord’s Face?

Prayer – Lord, I trust You to protect me. Open my heart and mind to understanding just why and what the righteous can do…and how You treat the wicked. Life is complicated—but I trust that You have everything under control. You are in Your holy Temple and judge or examine all mankind.

I trust in the LORD for protection. So why do you say to me, "Fly like a bird to the mountains for safety! The wicked are stringing their bows and fitting their arrows on the bowstrings. They shoot from the shadows at those whose hearts are right. The foundations of law and order have collapsed. What can the righteous do?" But the LORD is in his holy Temple; the LORD still rules from heaven. He watches everyone closely, examining every person on earth. The LORD examines both the righteous and the wicked. He hates those who love violence. He will rain down blazing coals and burning sulfur on the wicked, punishing them with scorching winds. For the righteous LORD loves justice. The virtuous will see his face. Psalm 11:1-7  

 

Meditate. Consider God’s guidance, protection, and watchful examination of our lives.

 

We’ve had some pretty hot temperatures again this summer. More than a couple of weeks with temps above 100—that is hot. And even a gentle breeze on the hottest days can seem to be a scorching wind. Heat is one thing…but blazing coals and burning sulfur raining down on the wicked is pretty scary. I’m glad I’m not a “wicked” person, in fact, I count myself as among the righteous ones belonging to God. Is that being self-righteous? I certainly am not as humble about my faith as Paul…but none the less, like him I know I am a sinner, saved only by the grace of God. I’m trusting that God will count me among His righteous ones because I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Not many people would give their life for someone…for everyone…but that is just what Jesus did. He died for everyone. Of course, only those who actually believe will be counted as righteous and enter into the New Jerusalem with Him, seeing Him face to face one day…a thousand years or more from now! Where will you stand with the Him? Will you see the Lord’s face?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

It is Jesus who saves us.

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Psalm 19:1

 

Did you memorize this scripture passage this week?

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: