Wednesday, August 10, 2022

How Many Days Are Left in the Year?

Prayer – Lord, there are 150 days left in the year…well actually only 143 now. Help me to make everyday count for You…to make disciples just as You directed Your disciples…and us…to do. There are 150 Psalms, so I was thinking that if I read one a day, I could read that book by the end on the year. That’s a doable goal. Now I’m already behind—but with Your help, I’ll catch up. So, here’s to reading the Psalms for the rest of the year and meditating on Your words. Thank you for caring about mankind enough to give us Your word and for helping us develop languages and technology to learn and share the Bible. Where would we be without You?

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. But not the wicked! They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. For the LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction. Psalm 1:1-6 NLT

 

Meditate. Meditate day and night on God’s word.

 

I continually see the Lord mentioning “path” in His word. Paths are important. Follow the right one…and all is well. Follow the wrong one and it leads to devastation. God has a plan for those who are willing to obediently follow Him. I think we can see that clearly in the instructions that Moses gave to the people.

So Moses told the people, "You must be careful to obey all the commands of the LORD your God, following his instructions in every detail. Stay on the path that the LORD your God has commanded you to follow. Then you will live long and prosperous lives in the land you are about to enter and occupy." Deuteronomy 5:32-33 (Underlined for emphasis.)

Stay on God’s path and you’ll have a good life…well that’s not exactly what he said, and we know that just because we love God, we aren’t going to have everything easy and handed to us on a silver platter. Nope. Brace yourself. There will be tough times…but we don’t have to go it alone. God is with us. That is His promise…and I think it is the best. Well…maybe the second best. The best one is that He offers us eternal life with Him if we repent of our sins and accept Jesus as our Savior.

 

Do you feel that you are on the right path? We make choices all day, every day. Those little choices can make a difference. Choose today whom you will serve. God, money, yourself, or some wicked way? You have 143 days left in this year. How will you use that time…those days? Which path will you choose to take?

 

Verses of Salvation ~ The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation." Psalm 91:14-16

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1  


[Lost my photos...so--I'll work on that...and hope to get them back. Technology can be frustrating!]

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: