Saturday, August 27, 2022

Do You Feel That You Need the Lord’s Help?

Without light there is no time.
Let the light of Jesus give you
time and direction.

May He give you your heart's desire
and make your plans succeed.
Prayer – Lord, I don’t really ask for much…and am pretty content with the things I have in life, but please grant my heart's desires and make all my plans succeed. Most of all in life…I just want health and the ability to make good decisions for me and my family and to please You. I want to be organized, use my time wisely, and encourage others to seek You, to put You first in their lives. Open my eyes to possibilities, to Your direction, and to share Your hope with others. Time is short—we need to make the most of it!

In times of trouble, may the LORD answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm. May he send you help from his sanctuary and strengthen you from Jerusalem. May he remember all your gifts and look favorably on your burnt offerings. May he grant your heart's desires and make all your plans succeed. May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the LORD answer all your prayers. Now I know that the LORD rescues his anointed king. He will answer him from his holy heaven and rescue him by his great power. Some nations boast of their chariots and horses, but we boast in the name of the LORD our God. Those nations will fall down and collapse, but we will rise up and stand firm. Give victory to our king, O LORD! Answer our cry for help. Psalm 20:1-9

 

Meditate. Do you feel that you need God’s help?

 

Sometimes we just are stubborn and don’t want anyone’s assistance. David writes that he wants God to answer our cry for help. He is offering such encouragement and hope. My life is simple…yet cluttered. My only cry for help—besides less anxiety during these Covid focused times—is to draw others to Christ. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I definitely need God’s help in fulfilling my responsibilities of Jesus’ great commission.

Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

How do I do this…or at least what is my part…what can I do to “go and make disciples…teaching them to obey all the commands that Jesus gave us” as we have been told to do? What are you doing? Do you have a plan…a goal? Do you feel that you need God’s help?

 

Verses of Salvation ~ As for us, we can't help but thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord. We are always thankful that God chose you to be among the first to experience salvation--a salvation that came through the Spirit who makes you holy and through your belief in the truth. He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14          

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ For the LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction. Psalm 1:6

Did you memorize this verse?


© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: