Sunday, August 14, 2022

Do You Trust that the Lord will Shield You with His Love?

Prayer – Lord, are You listening to my prayer? Of course, You are—I pray only to You every morning…and all throughout the day actually. Sometimes I’m groaning—so deep in despair that I can hardly pray, but today I sing for joy and praise You forever. Forever is a long time…but I anxiously await the time that I can see Your brilliant face and bow before You on Your heavenly throne. Please bless me, my family, friends, neighbors, and all those who love and seek You, Lord. Surround us all with the security of Your love.

O LORD, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you. Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. O God, you take no pleasure in wickedness; you cannot tolerate the sins of the wicked. Therefore, the proud may not stand in your presence, for you hate all who do evil. You will destroy those who tell lies. The LORD detests murderers and deceivers. Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house; I will worship at your Temple with deepest awe. Lead me in the right path, O LORD, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow. My enemies cannot speak a truthful word. Their deepest desire is to destroy others. Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave. Their tongues are filled with flattery. O God, declare them guilty. Let them be caught in their own traps. Drive them away because of their many sins, for they have rebelled against you. But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy. For you bless the godly, O LORD; you surround them with your shield of love. Psalm 5:1-12

 

Meditate. Consider God’s love and protection.



Read the Torah...and all of the Bible.
Synagogue in Safad, Israel

Seek God and you will find Him.
David was so often struggling with attacks or persecution from his enemies. They wanted to destroy him, but he continually sought help from the Lord.  That is a good example for us. We need to continually search out the Lord. Where will you find him, you may ask? Right there in your Bible. He is all throughout the Old and New Testaments—just waiting for you to come looking for Him. He has answers to all our problems, and He wants a relationship with us. Seek and you will find. That is one of God’s promises. He has plans for the future…for eternity…that include you and me.

Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Isaiah 55:6

 

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." Jeremiah 29:11-13

God’s plan began with the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus, for the sins of Adam and Eve…and all of mankind. All creation was doomed until Jesus obediently became our redeemer freeing us from sin. Now I am eagerly waiting to see more of God’s plan as it unfolds before us. We may not live to see the Rapture…but day by day people are individually being “raptured” as they are called home to be with the Lord. I sort of see death as an individual rapture, although I understand that after the spirit leaves the body…it goes to heaven and the mortal body is left to be disposed of…in a grave or crypt. When we receive our immortal bodies, like Jesus did when He was resurrected, we will once again be complete…body and spirit. What a great plan our Heavenly Father has concocted. His creation is amazing…and the eternal world will be even more than we can imagine. As we wait for the Lord’s return and for the battles that will ensue between good and evil—we can trust that the Lord will shield us with His love.

 

Verses of Salvation ~ Sing a new song to the LORD! Let the whole earth sing to the LORD! Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. Psalm 96:1-3

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: