Monday, August 15, 2022

How Often Do You Call on God?

Prayer – Lord, I know that people need to be disciplined, but please don’t be mad and angry with me. In Your unfailing love, I am asking for Your mercy and a healing touch. Not just for me, but for friends and family who are in need of Your touch—have mercy. I praise and thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. 

O LORD, don't rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage. Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony. I am sick at heart. How long, O LORD, until you restore me? Return, O LORD, and rescue me. Save me because of your unfailing love. For the dead do not remember you. Who can praise you from the grave? I am worn out from sobbing. All night I flood my bed with weeping, drenching it with my tears. My vision is blurred by grief; my eyes are worn out because of all my enemies. Go away, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping. The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer. May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified. May they suddenly turn back in shame. Psalm 6:1-10 NLT

 

Meditate. Read God’s word and listen to what He is saying.

 

Psalm means song. Psalm six, like many others was written to be sung, so there are directions for the musicians using this for praise worship.  For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by an eight-stringed instrument. This Psalm is another of lament for David who was suffering in his very bones and soul. He is actually very tired. Once again, because a of God’s unfailing love, David asked God to rescue him from his enemies and adversaries. Lord, have mercy. How often do you call out to God for a healing touch for you, your family, friends, or neighbors?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ In that day the people will proclaim, "This is our God! We trusted in him, and he saved us! This is the LORD, in whom we trusted. Let us rejoice in the salvation he brings!" Isaiah 25:9

(This will be declared from the mountain…Zion…during the Millennium, when Christ returns.)

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Psalm 19:1

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 


Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - 

Daily Devotional for Building Character







Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: