Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Can You Praise the Lord?

Prayer – Lord, Show me more of Yourself Lord. Help me to understand and relate to You—Almighty God who rules and reigns from Heaven above…and yet cares about me. I am overwhelmed. Thank you, Lord for caring about me and showing me Your power and Your love.

God never sleeps...but David writes...
Wake up, my God, and bring justice!

I come to you for protection, O LORD my God. Save me from my persecutors—rescue me! If you don't, they will maul me like a lion, tearing me to pieces with no one to rescue me. O LORD my God, if I have done wrong or am guilty of injustice, if I have betrayed a friend or plundered my enemy without cause, then let my enemies capture me. Let them trample me into the ground and drag my honor in the dust. Arise, O LORD, in anger! Stand up against the fury of my enemies! Wake up, my God, and bring justice! Gather the nations before you. Rule over them from on high. The LORD judges the nations. Declare me righteous, O LORD, for I am innocent, O Most High! End the evil of those who are wicked, and defend the righteous. For you look deep within the mind and heart, O righteous God. God is my shield, saving those whose hearts are true and right. God is an honest judge. He is angry with the wicked every day. If a person does not repent, God will sharpen his sword; he will bend and string his bow. He will prepare his deadly weapons and shoot his flaming arrows. The wicked conceive evil; they are pregnant with trouble and give birth to lies. They dig a deep pit to trap others, then fall into it themselves. The trouble they make for others backfires on them. The violence they plan falls on their own heads. I will thank the LORD because he is just; I will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. Psalm 7:1-17

 

Meditate. Read God’s word. Pause and listen to what He is saying.

 

Wow! There is so much in this Psalm!

God’s attributes:

               God is our Savior – He can rescue us. He saves the righteous.

               God is a Judge – He can bring justice over nations and individuals.

               God is a Ruler – He can rule over nations—even from Heaven.

               God is our Shield – He provides protection and again is our Savior.

               God is Just – He treats people how they should be treated. Kind to the righteous and giving the wicked their punishment.

               God is righteous – He does not sin.

God is Almighty and amazing—yet He cares for each of us…not wanting that any should perish. Those who don’t turn and repent (v.12) will receive their punishment. Did you read about His sword? God wants and expects us to turn, come to Him. The wicked foolishly just dig a hole and it buried in it themselves. What a great illustration that should motivate someone to seeking the Lord. Like David, personally, I thank God that He is just and that my eyes and heart are open to pleasing Him. Can you praise the Lord?

 

Verses of Salvation ~ David sang this song to the LORD on the day the LORD rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul. He sang: "The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies. 2 Samuel 22:1-4

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Psalm 19:1


Happy Birthday Michelle

Blessings & Love

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: