Thursday, August 18, 2022

Sing Praise to the Lord

Prayer – Lord, I praise You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. You are an awesome God—worthy of praise. I know that You will judge me, but I humbly come before You confessing that I have sinned, and ask for Your mercy. Share with me Your joy as I draw closer to You…day by day, moment by moment.

I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High. My enemies retreated; they staggered and died when you appeared. For you have judged in my favor; from your throne you have judged with fairness. You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked; you have erased their names forever. The enemy is finished, in endless ruins; the cities you uprooted are now forgotten. But the LORD reigns forever, executing judgment from his throne. He will judge the world with justice and rule the nations with fairness. The LORD is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O LORD, do not abandon those who search for you. Psalm 9:1-10 (Read Psalm 9:11-20) (Underlined for emphasis.)

 

Meditate. Sing praises to the Lord.

 

You know you WILL be judged one day for everything you think, say, and do now. You do know that, right?   We are told many times in the Bible that we will be judged.

That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

So, what difference does it make in your life…in your thought, what you say, and how you treat others? You are accountable to yourself…and to God. This verse in Ecclesiastes implies that everything is recorded because God will judge everything. What a database God has at His fingertips! It must be right there with that Book of Life, in which all those who love the Lord have their names written.

 

Hollyhock flowers sing praises to the Lord.
Flowers in Israel
I'm singing praises to the Lord.
For now…I personally find myself wanting to please God in all that I do…and I frequently say in my prayers…let all that I think, say, and do be pleasing to the Lord. With that out of the way…as a sort of confession…now I can devote my day to singing praises to the Lord. How about you?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ Come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Psalm 95:1

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Psalm 19:1

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: