Monday, December 28, 2015

Now is the Time to Pray

Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises. Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. James 5:13-16

We must pray…at all times according to Ephesians 6:18. With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints…. Ephesians 6:18. What about those times when we just don’t know what to say to the Lord God…then what? The Holy Spirit has provided an assurance that He knows what we need before we do…and is there to intercede to the Heavenly Father for us. In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. Romans 8:26-27

Prayer ~ Holy Spirit, I confess that I have been suffering with a bad…attitude. Sometimes people may suffer with a bad cold, flu or toothache…but my distress is due to my own poor attitude. Thanks for showing me that I once again just need to change it. Guide my thoughts that they would be acceptable to You…and to the Heavenly Father. I recognize that it is only with God’s grace that my attitude will change. I can’t do it by myself, but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).
© 2015 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: