Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Are You Ready?

Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit. Be like men who are waiting for their Master when He returns from the wedding feast, so that they may immediately open the door to Him when He comes and knocks. Blessed are those slaves whom the Master will find on the alert when He comes; truly I say to you, that He will gird himself to serve, and have them recline at the table, and will come up and wait on them. …You too, be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour that you do not expect. Luke 12:35-37, 40

Are you ready? We don’t know when Jesus will return. Even Jesus Himself doesn’t know when He’ll return. However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son Himself. Only the Father knows. Mark 13:32 NLT. The Holy Spirit gives us wisdom when He tells us to be ready. We don’t want to be out seeking more oil for our lamps, i.e. the Holy Spirit—like five of the ten virgins who were waiting for the bridegroom in Jesus’ parable found in Matthew 25:1-13. Nor do we want to be left behind—as in the parable of the two women grinding grain into flour (Luke 17:35). He told that to His disciples after the Pharisees had asked Him about the Kingdom of God. People throughout history have thought that Jesus would return soon…or during their lifetime. More prophesies are lining up…like Israel returning to the Promised Land…and the continual wars and rumors of wars in the Middle East. But still we don’t know if this return of Christ will happen soon or if it will be another hundred years or even 100 days. Whenever it is…be ready. Jesus is getting ready for us in Heaven by building lots of extra rooms for us. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:2-3 NLT. So when we get there we won’t have to be like Joseph and Mary with no place to stay…we’ll have a place of our own! We can hope that Jesus’ promise happens soon. He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon!" Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's holy people. Revelation 22:20-21 NLT

Prayer ~ Praise to the Holy Spirit for He is worthy of praise. Holy Spirit…I think it is possible that You are always ready. I am listening for Your voice to teach me and help me remember to be prepared for the greatest day of my life…the day that I go to be in Heaven. You will be there with me for I am claiming that promise that You will never leave me or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5).
© 2015 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: