Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Holy Spirit Lives in Us

Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God. Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and He knows everything. Dear friends, if we don't feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence. And we will receive from Him whatever we ask because we obey Him and do the things that please him. And this is His commandment: We must believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. Those who obey God's commandments remain in fellowship with Him, and He with them. And we know He lives in us because the Spirit He gave us lives in us. 1 John 3:18-24 NLT

Obey God. Stand confident before Him. Believe. Love one another. Show the truth in our actions. Pretty straight forward…even simple. God knows all about us. O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O LORD, You know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is too high, I cannot attain to it. Psalm 139:1-6. He knows me, totally, and loves me anyway. And He lives within me…He is deeply part of my very being. That is overwhelming. Where do you stand with the Lord? Can you stand before Him with confidence? Are you obedient and do things that please Him?

Prayer ~ Holy Spirit, I stand confidently before You and God the Father, knowing that You know my heart—and that I believe I Jesus, the Son of God, as my Savior. You are an awesome God—worthy of my praise…of all praise.
© 2015 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: