Monday, November 14, 2022

Never Too Much Thanksgiving

Prayer – Lord, I am thankful…for life, Your love, and hope for all the days…today and tomorrow. I appreciate Your standards of living and want to uphold the same values in my life and in my home. Blameless. High Integrity. Friends who are faithful to You and to each other. Honest. Hardworking. Joyful. Thankful.

 

A psalm of thanksgiving. Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth! Worship the LORD with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the LORD is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. Psalm 100:1-5

 

A psalm of David. I will sing of your love and justice, LORD. I will praise you with songs. I will be careful to live a blameless life—when will you come to help me? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home. I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them. I will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil. I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors. I will not endure conceit and pride. I will search for faithful people to be my companions. Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to serve me. I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house, and liars will not stay in my presence. My daily task will be to ferret out the wicked and free the city of the LORD from their grip. Psalm 101:1-8

 

Meditate. Thanksgiving.  

 

Thankful for all that God provides.
New Life. 
Purity.
We have so much for which to be thankful! The United States has set aside a day of Thanksgiving—but are we all really thankful? Of course, the day centers around food…but is giving thanks not only for an abundance of food, but for the gracious and merciful God who provides that food, our homes, and everything…cars, clothes, books…and time. Time with which we decide what to do moment by moment. Are we glued to our televisions and gaming devices…or do we occasionally stick our noses into our Bibles for inspiration, illumination, and guidance? David points out as he wrote Psalm 101 that he will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. That is just what a lot of the programming on television contains, whether it is a national channel or a streaming one that includes constant access to movies and programs. Are we “safe” just watching religious, historic, and travel videos on YouTube? Probably since those are informative and entertaining. The choice is always ours. Just like Joshua was told several times as he was about to enter the Promised Land, choose today whom you will serve. Although our Thanksgiving Day is still ten days away…choose today how you will express your thankfulness. There can never be too much thankfulness.

 

Verses of Salvation ~ As for us, we can't help but thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord. We are always thankful that God chose you to be among the first to experience salvation--a salvation that came through the Spirit who makes you holy and through your belief in the truth. He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 KJV

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS – Sweet Lucy!

It is November – consider daily: What are you Thankful for today?

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Outside of the United Kingdom, the KJV is in the public domain. Within the United Kingdom, the rights to the KJV are vested in the Crown.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character



Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: