Sunday, November 6, 2022

Are You Using Your Eyes to See and Your Ears to Hear?

Prayer – Lord, I love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength and I seek shelter and security under Your wings. I know that my salvation is sure and am amazed at your promises of no fear, dread, stumbling, or disaster. Still there are trial and tribulations of life—but I know You are always with me…no matter what. Thank you.

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished. If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation." Psalm 91:1-16

Meditate. Consider God’s promises in scripture.

 

Shelter…hide yourself under God’s wings. I love that image of hiding under God’s wings—such a feeling of security and love. What great advice to those who love the Lord God. Seek God. Love Him and He promises to rescue, honor, protect and provide salvation to those who do love Him. What a great promise! Do you know and love the Lord? Are you willing to humbly admit that like all mankind, you are a sinner? Do you feel that you need “salvation”? Salvation from what, you may ask? Salvation from an eternity without God. What would life without God look like? Extreme hot…extreme cold? Evil? Teaching His followers Jesus described what will happen someday. His disciples asked Him to explain the parables that He taught. Read those for yourself in Matthew, chapter thirteen.

The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in their Father's Kingdom. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand! Matthew 13:41-43

Again, angels will be at work. In the Psalm today we are promised that angels will protect us—even keep us from falling. For an older person—that is such a reassuring promise.  In the end…do you want to be part of the evil or the righteous group? The choice is yours…and we don’t have to wait until the very end of our lives, it begins now. Don’t wait until it is too late. Are you using your "eyes to see" and your “ears to hear?”

 

Verse of Salvation ~ I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation. Psalm 91: 14-16

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: