Sunday, November 13, 2022

Did You Ever Feel an Earthquake?

Prayer – Lord, I am quaking in my boots…well, in my shoes or stocking feet. I’m trembling in awe and respect of You, Lord God. You are mighty, majestic, and all powerful. I don’t ever want to hear You say…Depart from me, I never knew you…or that Your door is closed. Help me to be ready when You return for Your servants…and may I be found worthy.

Model of the Temple in Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Israel

The LORD is king! Let the nations tremble! He sits on his throne between the cherubim. Let the whole earth quake! The LORD sits in majesty in Jerusalem, exalted above all the nations. Let them praise your great and awesome name. Your name is holy! Mighty King, lover of justice, you have established fairness. You have acted with justice and righteousness throughout Israel. Exalt the LORD our God! Bow low before his feet, for he is holy! Moses and Aaron were among his priests; Samuel also called on his name. They cried to the LORD for help, and he answered them. He spoke to Israel from the pillar of cloud, and they followed the laws and decrees he gave them. O LORD our God, you answered them. You were a forgiving God to them, but you punished them when they went wrong. Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy mountain in Jerusalem, for the LORD our God is holy! Psalm 99:1-9

 

Meditate. Holy. Holy. Holy. Lord God Almighty.

 

God is holy, just, fair, majestic, forgiving, and worthy of our worship. He first chose to create Adam and Eve…but they disappointed Him, so He chose and blessed Abraham and his family. Generations later, when Abraham’s offspring rejected God, He chose to include the Gentiles into His family. Now…as God allows people to still make their own choices, there continues to be rebellion. 


Troubles arise and the earthquakes. People cry out to the Lord. Save us! God hears our prayers, forgiving and punishing as appropriate. What a mighty God. Are you worshipping Him? When the earth trembles, we can see and feel the power of God. Over forty years ago I experienced a couple of earthquakes when we were living in Okinawa. Once during the day, I could see the ground swelling like ocean waves and then feel it as the tremor continued to move through our house. At night, the earthquakes merely rattled the closet doors. Here in Washington State lots of people have felt minor tremors. Around the world you can track the earthquakes daily on at least a couple of websites. It is amazing how many tremors are occurring. Did you ever feel an earthquake?

 

Verses of Salvation ~ [God speaking to Israel through His prophet Isaiah.]  "Listen to me, my people. Hear me, Israel, for my law will be proclaimed, and my justice will become a light to the nations. My mercy and justice are coming soon. My salvation is on the way. My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm. Look up to the skies above, and gaze down on the earth below. For the skies will disappear like smoke, and the earth will wear out like a piece of clothing. The people of the earth will die like flies, but my salvation lasts forever. My righteous rule will never end!” Isaiah 51:4-6

 

It is November – consider daily: What are you Thankful for today?

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: