Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Where Do You Go to Escape Your Fears?


Meditate. Look into your soul and see God’s influence.
Fear of the LORD is a life-giving fountain; it offers escape from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27

Escape from the snares of death. How can you escape from your fears? Find your fear…face it.
May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word. I know, O LORD, that your regulations are fair; you disciplined me because I needed it. Now let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant. Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your instructions are my delight. Psalm 119:74-77
Surround me with mercy…tender mercies. I often visualize that idea of the mother hen putting her wing over her baby chicks. That is one surrounding and protecting others. That is what Jesus desired to do as He entered Jerusalem near the end of His ministry.
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me. Matthew 23:37
Being merciful, providing comfort, love and even discipline. Remember that the father disciplines the son, or daughter, he loves. Discipline is good.
Since we respected our earthly fathers who disciplined us, shouldn't we submit even more to the discipline of the Father of our spirits, and live forever? Hebrews 12:9

Go to the Father to escape your fears. You may get discipline, but it will be with love, mercy and comfort. As you feel that love of the Father…as envisioned in the mother hen encompassing and protecting you… provide that same compassion, love, mercy to others who may be feeling the need to escape their fears during the time of isolation. Encouraging others is one way to face our own fears…and to help them face theirs. I’ve found that helping others helps me. Even just a phone call, keeping social distance, brightens another’s day…and helps them escape their fears.

Prayer ~ Lord, Fear grips all the people; every face grows pale with terror. Joel 2:6. Help us to face our fears…and may we find comfort, strength, mercy and unfailing love in You.

Verses of Salvation ~ Listen to me, my people. Hear me, Israel, for my law will be proclaimed, and my justice will become a light to the nations. My mercy and justice are coming soon. My salvation is on the way. My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm. Look up to the skies above, and gaze down on the earth below. For the skies will disappear like smoke, and the earth will wear out like a piece of clothing. The people of the earth will die like flies, but my salvation lasts forever. My righteous rule will never end! Isaiah 51:4-6

God’s chosen people is the nation of Israel, but salvation comes to all who believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior. He offers this salvation that lasts forever. Can you choose Jesus while there is still time?

© 2020 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: