Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Happy 77th Birthday, Jerry


Consider that every day is the Lord’s Day. Meditate on His Words.
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. ... You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.  Psalm 118:24, 28-29



Seven is a perfect number in the Bible. God created everything in six days and then He rested on the seventh day. Noah and his family waited in the Ark for seven days before the rain came. Jacob worked for seven years for each of his wives (Genesis 29). Joseph predicted the seven years of abundance and then seven years of famine from the dream of Egypt’s Pharoh (Genesis 41) and the Jews were saved in the midst of that famine. Shadrach, Meshach and Aben-nego were thrown into a fiery furnace seven time hotter than normal (Daniel 3:19).  There are seven lamps in the lampstands in the Tabernacle (Exodus 25). The list goes on. There about 363 instances of “seven” in the Bible, depending on the translation you search. 

    77
So seven being perfect, seventy-seven is a special year, too. Rejoice. Have great joy—seventy-seven years of good living for the Lord is certainly something about which to rejoice. This is the day that the Lord has created…rejoice.

The longest Psalm in the Bible is about the only one that actually has seventy-seven verses. Of course, the whole Bible was not written with chapters and verses, but many of the books are actually letters that were divided up at a much later date into the order that we now have in our Bibles.
You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands. May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word. I know, O LORD, that your regulations are fair; you disciplined me because I needed it. Now let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant. Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your instructions are my delight. Bring disgrace upon the arrogant people who lied about me; meanwhile, I will concentrate on your commandments. Let me be united with all who fear you, with those who know your laws. May I be blameless in keeping your decrees; then I will never be ashamed. Psalm 119:73-80
This section of Psalm 119 (with verse 77 in bold text) reflects on knowing God—respecting Him. He made us and He loves us so much that He guides us, disciplining us to help us follow His commandments—blameless so that we can bring Him honor and not disgrace. Our God truly is an awesome God and we put our hope in Him.

Prayer ~Lord God, Bless Jerry, my dear husband, that he would have many days ahead in which You can surround him with Your tender mercies so he may live, for Your instructions are his delight (from Psalm 119:77). This is the day that You have made, Lord. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Praising and thanking You with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength.

Verse of Salvation ~ Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God." John 3:3

Speaking to a Pharisee named Nicodemus Jesus explained that eternal spiritual life begins with believing in Christ. Born again. You must believe to be born into God’s spiritual realm, to be part of His family and His eternal Kingdom. Continue reading the chapter of John 3. For God so loved the world….

Happy 77th Birthday – Jerry!
© 2020 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: