Thursday, May 21, 2020

Promises Kept?


Think. Meditate.
The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 2 Peter 3:9

Are you slow about your promises? Did you tell someone you’d do something…but you still haven’t done it? That is probably beginning to wear on you…make you cranky or crazy. Keeping promises is so very important. We all want promises made TO us to be kept as soon as possible. Any yet we say we’ll do something someday and it doesn’t get done. Does that show a lack of integrity on our part? Or is it just a lazy, slothful attitude?  We use the excuse that the weather isn’t right…or now we are in “isolation” and we can’t go visit someone. For now, a phone call is just about as good as a visit. That reminds me I have eight phone calls to make to my Neighborhood Group. TaTa for now!

How about you? Called anyone lately? Fulfilled any promises that you’ve made?

Prayer ~ Lord, Help me to keep my promises. I know that You keep your promises, even when it seems like time is lagging. You don’t want anyone to be destroyed, but that everyone would come to repentance and believe in Jesus as their Savior. Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Blue door in Israel - to ward off evil.
What color is the door of your heart?
Will you answer Jesus when He knocks at your door? 
Verse of Salvation ~ Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne. Revelation 3:20-21

Jesus is the one knocking at the door of your heart. Those who accept Him as their Savior will share a meal with Him for salvation makes them victorious. Accept Jesus while there is still time.

© 2020 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: