Monday, February 1, 2021

Purity of Our God - Sanctifying

Meditate.

But as for you, speak to the sons of Israel, saying, 'You shall surely observe My sabbaths; for [this] is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. Exodus 31:13 NASB   

Purity of the Water Lily
Yahweh Maccaddeshcem. The Lord your Sanctifier. Sanctification is purification and consecration. Being sanctified is to be made holy.

God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy (sanctification) and he freed us from sin (redemption). Therefore, as the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD." 1 Corinthians 1:30-31

Jesus spoke to His Heavenly Father about His disciples just hours before He went to the cross.

Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy. I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. I'm not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They do not belong to this world any more than I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth. John 17:13-19

It is not just about observing the Sabbath that makes one holy…but of spiritual purity. Obedience. Choosing to be holy.

But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. 1 Peter 1:15

Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.   1 Corinthians 6:11

God chose you…and me. We can’t obtain holiness, or sanctification, without the grace of God…without God intervening in our lives—yet not with our permission. Can you ask God to be a deeper part of your life?

Prayer ~ Yahweh Maccaddeshcem, I want to know You. You are pure.  I want to please You and live a life of purity for You. Pour your grace out and help me to live like You.

Verses of Salvation ~ "When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life." Titus 3:4-7

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 
Scripture quotations taken from the (NASB®) New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1960, 1971, 1977, 1995, 2020 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved. www.lockman.org
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character
Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com 


No comments: