Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Jesus was Released from the Horrors of Death – Raised to Life

Pray before you read and study God’s Word…then pray again when you are done. Meditate on God’s Word as it inspires you.

People of Israel, listen! God publicly endorsed Jesus the Nazarene by doing powerful miracles, wonders, and signs through him, as you well know. But God knew what would happen, and his prearranged plan was carried out when Jesus was betrayed. With the help of lawless Gentiles, you nailed him to a cross and killed him. But God released him from the horrors of death and raised him back to life, for death could not keep him in its grip. Acts 2:22-24

The Empty Tomb
Israel
Amazing love that the Father, our Heavenly Father, had for His Son Jesus Christ…and for us. God’s knowledge and love are beyond comprehension…His plan. Death could not keep Jesus in the grave…and we will one day experience the same thing. Resurrection. Now that will be an amazing thing!

We are sure of this because Christ was raised from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. Romans 6:9

But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57

Horrors of death. Agony of death. Is that how you view death? Are you afraid to die? Paul wrote this amazing statement of his value life and death in relationship to Christ and the people in Philippi.

For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don't know which is better. I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live. Philippians 1:20-24

I agree with Paul. There is such value in death—to going to be with Jesus Christ, but I don’t want it to happen until necessary because I want to reach more people for Christ…to see more people saved by Him. Consider this Psalm of David.

"What will you gain if I die, if I sink into the grave? Can my dust praise you? Can it tell of your faithfulness? Hear me, LORD, and have mercy on me. Help me, O LORD. You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever!" Psalm 30:9-12

Yes. I want to be clothed with joy…and sing praises to the Lord. Forever. Whether here on earth or in Heaven. Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Prayer ~ Heavenly Father, You are amazing. Thank You for the plan You had and carried out through Jesus. Your magnificent power over life and death was displayed in Jesus’ resurrection. Death did not keep Jesus in the tomb…nor will have any hold on those of us who believe in Jesus as our Messiah. May You be glorified in the revelation of Jesus’ obedience to You and His love for mankind. 

Verse of Salvation ~ For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There's no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death. 2 Corinthians 7:10

Happy Birthday, Debbie! 
May God continue to bless you with amazing talents and creativity! 
Love you much!

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. 
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com


No comments: