Monday, February 8, 2021

Jehovah-M'Kaddesh

Think about God and His desire for purity—holiness.

I will also turn against those who commit spiritual prostitution by putting their trust in mediums or in those who consult the spirits of the dead. I will cut them off from the community. So set yourselves apart to be holy, for I am the LORD your God. Keep all my decrees by putting them into practice, for I am the LORD who makes you holy. Leviticus 20:6-8  

Jehovah-M'Kaddesh is the God who sacrifices. To sacrifice something is to make something else holy. That is what sacrificing is all about. To take the sin of one thing and put it on another. After the first sin by Adam and Eve, God sacrificed an animal to make them clothes. At the Tabernacle and then in the Temples built in Jerusalem millions of animals were sacrificed in an attempt to remove the Israelites’ sin so that they could be right with God. After 70 AD when the Romans destroyed the Temple there were no longer animal sacrifices. What do we do instead as a form a sacrifice to “get right with God” to cleanse ourselves from evil? Like David, we pray…

Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me—now let me rejoice. Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51:7-11

Prayer and confession cleanses our soul and sets us right with God. This allows the holiness that God desires to be part of our lives. This should build up our relationship with Him. Does it for you? 

Prayer ~ Dear Lord, Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. ... The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God. Psalm 51:1, 17

Verse of Salvation ~ Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Psalm 51:12

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. 
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍 
Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com



No comments: