Saturday, August 25, 2018

Satisfaction


But don't be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval. John 6:27

Satisfaction is described as gratification, consummation, fulfillment, approval and contentment.
Did Jesus feel some degree of satisfaction after each time that He healed someone or did a miracle?
He was not boastful about any of His miracles, in fact, He often told those He healed not to tell anyone.
Jesus told the crowd not to tell anyone, but the more he told them not to, the more they spread the news. Mark 7:36
Jesus certainly knew that God the Father approved of Him. At least twice God spoke from Heaven declaring that Jesus was His Son…and that He approved of Him. Even before Jesus came to earth God declared that Jesus was the chosen one, the dearly loved Son.
Look at my servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen one, who pleases me. I have put my Spirit upon him. He will bring justice to the nations. Isaiah 42:1

Baptism in the Jordan River - Israel
After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy." Matthew 3:16-17
Great joy. That is a feeling of deep contentment. Joy doesn’t depend on happy occasions. We can look forward to joy even in mourning. David expressed such joy to God at the avenging of his enemies.
I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:1-2
Likewise, joy can be found after a time of sorrow.
Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. Psalm 126:5
So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this! Ecclesiastes 9:7
Seek first and foremost in your life to please God…to be obedient. That is just what Jesus did and above all we want to be like Him. Then you will obtain His approval with satisfaction.

Prayer ~ Jesus, May the Lord our God show us His approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful! Psalm 90:17.

Daily Bible Reading: Lamentations 1-2
© 2018 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: