Sunday, August 26, 2018

Desire

Be perfect--even as Jesus is perfect.
Love others as yourself.

For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers, as you still do. Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God's promises because of their faith and endurance. Hebrews 6:10-12

Sexual desire was one of the twenty-seven human emotions that Cowen and Keltner listed in their study at the University of California, Berkeley. That is a basic longing, crave, covet or need that humans feel. How is that different from the emotion of romance? I think it is that romance involves love, whereas sexual desire is more of a basic need. Did Jesus feel that? Once again we consider the verse in Hebrews that assures us that Jesus felt all the desires and temptations that we all feel.
So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. Hebrews 4:14-15
Undoubtedly He was faced with such desires…but we are assured that He did not sin and to Him, even thinking desirous or adulterous thoughts was sin. Jesus spoke these words in His Sermon on the Mount.
You have heard the commandment that says, 'You must not commit adultery.' But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:27-28
Paul also reminded us, as is specified in the Ten Commandments, that we should not covet—want something that belongs to someone else.
For the commandments say, "You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet." These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Romans 13:9
Love your neighbor. Jesus confirmed the importance of that when He was asked which was the most important commandment.
Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this: 'Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD. And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.' The second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these." Mark 12:29-31
He merely wanted to be obedient to the Father.
He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." Matthew 26:39

Jesus felt the same emotions as each of us feels. Desire. Desire to belong and to be loved. Love your neighbor as yourself. Love God…Jesus was God. He desires our love.

Do you desire and love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength?

Prayer ~ Jesus, I adore You. I do love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. Moment by moment it may not seem like I have much love flowing out of me…but I know that You live me…and will never leave me or forsake me. So let Your love flow through me…back to You and to those around me. Provide me with the spiritual food I need every day, renewing my strength, guiding me along Your righteous pathways, protect me and show me Your abundant and enduring love that will guide me to our Heavenly home to be with You, forever.
You have put a desire in my heart to worship You, and I will never leave You… Jeremiah 32:40.

Daily Bible Reading: Lamentations 3-5
Welcome Baby Alice Ann Marie P. 
May God bless you and your sweet family. Hugs and Cuddles~

© 2018 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: