Friday, January 5, 2018

Show Me Mercy

A psalm of David. Declare me innocent, O LORD, for I have acted with integrity; I have trusted in the LORD without wavering. Put me on trial, LORD, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and my heart. For I am always aware of your unfailing love, and I have lived according to your truth. I do not spend time with liars or go along with hypocrites. I hate the gatherings of those who do evil, and I refuse to join in with the wicked. I wash my hands to declare my innocence. I come to your altar, O LORD, singing a song of thanksgiving and telling of all your wonders. I love your sanctuary, LORD, the place where your glorious presence dwells. Don't let me suffer the fate of sinners. Don't condemn me along with murderers. Their hands are dirty with evil schemes, and they constantly take bribes. But I am not like that; I live with integrity. So redeem me and show me mercy. Now I stand on solid ground, and I will publicly praise the LORD. Psalm 26:1-12

May God's Mercy Shine in Your Life
David is encouraging us to live with integrity--a pure heart. That is a good way to start the new year. Show me mercy, Lord...and I will publically praise You. There is no higher honor we can give the Lord than to show our respect by publically praising Him.

As I write this I am reminded of a man of integrity who attended my church. Bill Lucke went to be with our Lord earlier this week. He will be remembered as a "man of integrity" because he was honest, true, considerate, generous and a loving example in the way he treated his family and friends. My heartfelt sympathy goes to his wife, Nancy, and to all of his devoted family--and extended family of close friends. May the Lord show them mercy and give them His peace.

Stand on solid ground...spiritually grounded in God's Word. That is a goal for today...and every day in this new year. There is a wonderful song about standing on holy ground that was written in about 1979 by Geron Davis. We've often sung the chorus during Sunday services over the past twenty some years that we have attended the Richland Nazarene church.
Holy Ground chorus :
     We are standing on Holy Ground
     And I know that there are Angels all around.
     Let us praise Jesus now
     For we are standing in His presence
     On Holy Ground.

Are you praising Jesus now? Are you standing on Holy Ground?

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, I am in awe of You--as Creator, as Servant, as Friend, as Sacrifice, as my Lord and God. I stand on Holy Ground--only because You have consecrated it.  
Daily Bible Reading - Job 6-9

Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table
How are you doing with your New Year's resolutions and diet? Looking for a good way to prepare vegetables? Have you tried roasted veggies?

Roasted Veggies
Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Choose one cup of raw vegetable per person for the list below:
 Asparagus
 Broccoli
 Cauliflower
 Mushrooms
 Sweet Potatoes
 Carrots
 Sweet Onion
Cut veggies into bite sized pieces.Place veggies on cookie sheet and sprinkle with olive oil. Roast for about 20 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with freshly ground salt. Enjoy knowing that you are eating healthy.

©2018 Photo and text by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved..
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm www.blueletterbible.org/dailyreading

No comments: