Sunday, January 28, 2018

Reconciliation

Jesus' words from The Sermon on the Mount...
So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.  Matthew 5:23-24

In the Old Testament God spoke to the children of Israel. He was ready to "set things right"...to reconcile. That is a good example for Jesus' followers--including us.
     - For I am ready to set things right, not in the distant future, but right now! I am ready to save Jerusalem and show my glory to Israel. Isaiah 46:13

When should we "set things right?" God was telling the Israelites that He was ready right now.  No delay. Jesus' directions were equally specific...do it suddenly...right when you think of it.  Don't wait. Take care of business--be reconciled--right away. I don't think that reconciliation has much to do with the sacrifice as just to take care of setting things right with others. God wants our relationships with others to be pure...like our relationship with Him. It maybe that someone has offended you...or that you have offended someone else. It makes no difference. Purity--no spot, wrinkle or offense--is important. I will admit that I miss the mark sometimes. Maybe more often than I'd like. Communication can be a delicate issue--and I have to humble myself often. My size nine shoe really doesn't taste very good in my mouth--but that happens. I put my foot in my mouth--so to speak. Why can't I just keep my mouth shut--and hold my tongue--not speak my mind...and always have the last word? Do you have that problem, too? Jesus provided a way for us to be reconciled to God. His death on the cross wiped away all our sins. Leave your sacrifice at the foot of the cross and approach the Throne of God--pure and holy. Reconciled with God.  

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus...Forgive me for not putting You first every moment of the day and by my actions offending others so that reconciliation is necessary. Help me to see the opportunities to set things right with others...and do it quickly. Especially with You.

Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 46-47

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍
© 2018 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 
GqqqAll scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfmwww..org/daily reading.        

No comments: