Saturday, January 6, 2018

Questions?

Jesus was always asking people questions.
    - "Don't you understand yet?" Jesus asked. Matthew 15:16
    - But Jesus knew their (the Pharisees) evil motives. "You hypocrites!" he said. "Why are you trying to trap me? Matthew 22:18
     - Jesus knew what they were thinking, so he asked them, "Why do you question this in your hearts? Luke 5:22
  - Then Jesus asked them, "Didn't you ever read this in the Scriptures? 'The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the LORD's doing, and it is wonderful.                                           to see.' Matthew 21:42
  - Then he (Jesus) asked them, "But who do you say I am?" Peter replied, "You are the Messiah. Mark 8:29


I think the greatest question is "Who do you say that I AM?" God answered that question when He spoke to Moses from the burning bush.
    - When the LORD saw Moses coming to take a closer look, God called to him from the middle of the bush, "Moses! Moses!" "Here I am!" Moses replied. Exodus 3:4
    - Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations. Exodus 3:13-15 (NASB)
The great I AM was that God of the burning bush and He is Jesus. Peter answered Jesus' question correctly..."You are the Messiah." 
What do you answer when you hear that question from our Lord, "Who do you say that I AM?"  For me it is "You are the Christ...the risen Messiah...my Lord and Savior."
               
Prayer ~ Lord, keep questioning us to encourage and enlighten us just like You did with Your disciples.  Make us think. Keep our minds alert and active--seeking Your will and Your way for our lives. 

Daily Bible Reading: Job 10-13 

© 2018 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfmwww.blueletterbible.org/daily reading.                                                                                   

No comments: