Sunday, October 1, 2023

How Do You See God Working in Your Life?

Just like the mother goose...
Jesus will never leave us or forsake us.
He promised!
Prayer – Lord, I know You have promised to never leave me or forsake me. Thank you. That security is so precious to me. Just knowing that You are with me always allows me to see You working in my life—even in little ways like green traffic lights, but there are some big ways that mean my family and I have peace amidst the trials. Thanks for that, too. Please hear our prayers and continue to show me how You are working in my life.

But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me—and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace. 1 Corinthians 15:10


Meditate. Consider what God is doing in your life.

Paul wrote about God working in and through his life. How do you see God working in your life?

 

As Christians we are called to daily lay down our lives and to take up our cross and follow Christ—to allow the Holy Spirit to lead us.

Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. Mark 8:34

 

So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves. Galatians 5:16

May I suggest that you keep a prayer list…your requests and then note when you get an answer to those prayers. That will help you see just how God is working in your life…and as you share that info with others it will be encouraging to others…and to yourself. I’ve seen that in my own life. Take a look. How do you see God working in your life?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume. Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing. To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume. And who is adequate for such a task as this? You see, we are not like the many hucksters who preach for personal profit. We preach the word of God with sincerity and with Christ's authority, knowing that God is watching us. 2 Corinthians 2:14-17

 

© 2023 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: