Friday, June 24, 2022

The Joy of Laughter for Fifty Years

Prayer ~ Thank You, Lord, for fifty years of…wedded bliss…companionship…compromise…and enduring love. You have been part of our lives, joining us in these many years of laughter, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness (to You and to each other), gentleness, self-control, trials, tribulations, and hope. Hope always for a better tomorrow…and an eternal life with You.

This is what the LORD says: You have said, 'This is a desolate land where people and animals have all disappeared.' Yet in the empty streets of Jerusalem and Judah's other towns, there will be heard once more the sounds of joy and laughter. The joyful voices of bridegrooms and brides will be heard again, along with the joyous songs of people bringing thanksgiving offerings to the LORD. They will sing, 'Give thanks to the LORD of Heaven's Armies, for the LORD is good. His faithful love endures forever!' For I will restore the prosperity of this land to what it was in the past, says the LORD. Jeremiah 33:10-11

 

Meditate on the quick passing of time…and of God’s timing and laughter.

 

Laughter. Laughter is so important in life and in sustaining relationships. My father once asked me why I wasn’t dating a particular guy that I had dated for a while in college. I told him that that guy was just too serious…and I was too. I needed someone with a sense of humor…someone with whom I could laugh easily and often. I needed someone who loved to laugh and who loved me. I didn’t realize at that time that time that I just needed Jesus—He is the true source of joy and laughter. God certainly blessed me with a husband…and a family that eludes laughter. As I was sitting enjoying conversation with my husband’s cousins and our family, I realized how much God had given me just what I wanted. Laughter. A family filled with a joyous sense of humor…in all generations. All for the joy of laughter.

 

Verses of Salvation ~ God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation. Isaiah 12: 2-3

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

 

Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table

Surprise-surprise! An Anniversary Party--with cake and everything!


After some cake...eat of the bounty of the Lord’s table. Summer produce is here so be sure to visit your Farmer’s Market and enjoy all the great fresh produce. My favorites are zucchini, mushrooms, and green onions stirred-fried together…and Bing cherries. My mouth is watering just thinking of it.

See you at the Market!

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: