Sunday, June 12, 2022

God’s Friendship

Prayer ~ Lord God, I treasure Your friendship in my heart—and I feel it through my friends and family. When I look back over my life, I see Your hand guiding me…and I see where I stubbornly made my own choices…doing things my way, not Your way. Help me to make good decision even now, in my older years, and to influence those around me to make good decisions.

I long for the years gone by when God took care of me, when he lit up the way before me and I walked safely through the darkness. When I was in my prime, God's friendship was felt in my home. The Almighty was still with me, and my children were around me. Job 29:2-5

 

Meditate. Consider God’s friendship to you.

 

Job was speaking to his friends who came to visit, encourage, and admonish him during the misery that had been inflicted on him by Satan. He was describing his relationship with God—the most important relationship that anyone can have. Job was relying on God to take care of him, providing light in the darkness. The Almighty God was with him…and they were friends.

 

I am a friend of God. That is part of a song that is going through my head, and I am amazed by it. Me? A friend of God Almighty? How can that be? Who am I to be His friend? Once again, Jesus gives me something I don’t “deserve” …just like He sacrificially gave His very human life so that I could have an eternal spiritual life.

 

Sculpture of Jesus on the Cross.
Holy Family Shrine
Gretna, Nebraska
Question to consider: Did Jesus “die” spiritually when He gave up His life on the cross? He said, “It is finished” meaning that His work on earth was done…He had paid the price for the sins of mankind by being the ultimate sacrifice. But did He die spiritually? Think on that and contemplate scripture passages that describe He death and resurrection. Let me know what you think…what you have been taught…and scripture passages to back up those concepts. The more we know about God, the deeper our relationship with be with Him.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There's no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death. 2 Corinthians 7:10

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

  

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: