Monday, February 14, 2022

How is Your Heart Today?

Begin with Prayer ~ Lord, I enter Your presence with a happy heart—filled with joy in knowing You.

No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people. Romans 2:29

 

How's your heart today?
Quilted heart made by a dear friend.
A Pocket Prayer Quilt to remind me to pray...
for those God places on my heart. 
Meditate. How is your heart today?

 

Like David, I want a clean and obedient heart…

Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me—now let me rejoice. Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Psalm 51:8-12

Has God changed your heart? He has changed mine…and continues to touch my heart and life as I seek Him and grow closer to Him.

 

You can see throughout Jewish history that God loves the nation of Israel. The end times focus on the Jews back in their Promised Land of Israel. It is all about them and their relationship with the Lord. In this scripture passage below Ezekiel was given a message from the Lord for Israel. What a great promise…I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you…that new spirit is the Holy Spirit that all Christians know and love as it lives within them. The Holy Spirit guides us…and

Therefore, give the people of Israel this message from the Sovereign LORD: I am bringing you back, but not because you deserve it. I am doing it to protect my holy name, on which you brought shame while you were scattered among the nations. I will show how holy my great name is--the name on which you brought shame among the nations. And when I reveal my holiness through you before their very eyes, says the Sovereign LORD, then the nations will know that I am the LORD. For I will gather you up from all the nations and bring you home again to your land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations. And you will live in Israel, the land I gave your ancestors long ago. You will be my people, and I will be your God. Ezekiel 36:22-28 (Underlined for emphasis,)

There is hope for Israel…just as there is hope for everyone who believes in their heart that Jesus is their Savior—the Messiah. How is your heart today?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ Because I love Zion, I will not keep still. Because my heart yearns for Jerusalem, I cannot remain silent. I will not stop praying for her until her righteousness shines like the dawn, and her salvation blazes like a burning torch. Isaiah 62:1

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6

 

Happy Valentine’s Day

Happy Birthday to Kendall. Let me know if you read this.

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

"Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character"



"Coins of the Bible: New Testament Stories"


No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24


Who or what do you love today?

God or money?



Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

No comments: