Saturday, August 1, 2015

If…Without Love

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 NLT
 
That is a lot of ifs…without love—all our efforts and strengths are nothing. Without LOVE I am nothing. Love is the key. That is God’s love…He IS Love! The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1 John 4:8. If we try to live with “ifs” we might be looking back or just imagining what “could” have been if things had been different. Jesus doesn’t want us to look back…imaging what could have been…if.  Jesus said…A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. John 13:34. Loving others is the most important thing we can do. What can you do to show love?  
 
Prayer ~ Holy Spirit, You are love. Show me how to love others as You would…as Jesus did.
 
© 2015 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: