Friday, May 31, 2024

How to Choose Life….

Prayer – Lord, You have revealed to us that the key to life is loving You Lord God. I rejoice that I have made that choice to love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. I have chosen LIFE! Please guide my family and friends in their choices day by day that they, too will choose life!

But if your heart turns away and you refuse to listen, and if you are drawn away to serve and worship other gods, then I warn you now that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live a long, good life in the land you are crossing the Jordan to occupy. Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the LORD your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the LORD, you will live long in the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” Deuteronomy 30:17-20 


 

Meditate. Read God’s word and listen to what He is saying.

 

God through Moses tells us straight out that we have a choice and the key to life is: You can make this choice by loving the LORD your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. What is not to do? 

   ✔️Love God. 

    ✔️ Obey Him.

     ✔️ Commit your life to Him.  

All the boxes are checked. Are you making those choices? God indicated to Moses that He was giving the choice between life and death—and that all heaven and earth will see the choice made. What is your choice today? Life or death? Those are the options for eternity. Choose intentionally and wisely. It is the most important choice of your life.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ My mercy and justice are coming soon. My salvation is on the way. My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and  wait in hope for my powerful arm. Look up to the skies above, and gaze down on the earth below.

For the skies will disappear like smoke,

and the earth will wear out like a piece of clothing.

The people of the earth will die like flies,

but my salvation lasts forever. My righteous rule will never end! 

Listen to me, you who know right from wrong,

you who cherish my law in your hearts. Do not be afraid of people’s scorn, nor fear their insults. 

For the moth will devour them as it devours clothing. The worm will eat at them as it eats wool. But my righteousness will last forever. My salvation will continue from generation to generation. Isaiah 51:5-8

 

Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table

Feast on God’s words …and then on the fruit of the summer. 

Watermelons are in the stores already—must be from Florida or maybe California— but they are tasty and healthy for you. Fire up your grill and experience grilled watermelon soon. It only takes a couple minutes on each side. Tasty with some grilled pizza, salmon, or just traditional beef or veggie burgers. Make a choice to enjoy God’s bountiful fruit. 

  

© 2024 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: