Thursday, January 5, 2023

Strong Bridge Strength

Prayer – Lord, I wouldn’t describe myself as “godly,” but I’m sure You direct my steps…and my words even as I write this. Love is demonstrated by action…as in You, Lord, directing my steps. Thank you, Lord God for delighting in my life…and holding me by the hand, giving me strength.

Those the LORD blesses will possess the land, but those he curses will die. The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:22-24

 

Meditate. God delights. Can you imagine Him caring so much about you? He does.

 

Duportail Bridge - under construction
Crossing the Yakima River
Richland, Washington

When a bridge is being built the location must be ideal for the structure to be stable, and for it to be the shortest span possible to limit the building cost. How does this relate spiritually to building relationships?  God cares about us so much that He gave His Son as a sacrifice to erase the sin committed by Adam and Eve that has perpetrated to all mankind. That’s the ultimate gift…the highest form of love. God offers that love to each of us. To have a stable relationship with God, we have to commit to that relationship—and to accept His Son, Jesus, as our Savior. No shortcuts or wandering around looking for another way. God has a plan of eternal life for everyone. That lifetime can be spent in the presence of God or without Him in darkness gnashing teeth and thirsting for water—the eternal life-giving living water that Jesus mentioned in His discussion with the Samaritan woman at the well (see John 4:4-42).

 

The choice for believing in Jesus is up to each individual person. If you have not admitted that you’ve sinned…and everyone is a sinner…and repented of that sin, then today could be the first day of your eternal life with God. You choose. Personally, I chose to give up my sin, and to build a relationship with God, over 50 years ago. There have been times I’ve stepped back and was pretty lax in my devotion to the Lord. Now I’m more mature in my Christian character and try to live my life in obedience to the Lord. That happens only with His help. I am weak…but He is strong and gives me strength. Strength, like that of a strong bridge.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Romans 5:3-5

 

© 2023 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: