Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Pray – Plan - Commit

Prayer – Lord, I commit my day to you…and the whole new year. I trust You to hear my prayers and to help me in my relationships with You and with others. 

Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. Psalm 37:3-5

 

Meditate. Pray and watch for God’s intervention.

 

Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge
Cable bridge - Charleston, SC
Cooper River Bridge

Prayer is always of first most importance. In 1 Thessalonians 5:17, we are told to never stop praying. We need to pray about everything…and to trust that the Lord hears and will answer our prayers, even if that prayer is about a relationship with Him. This verse above in Psalm 37 tells us to take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart’s desires. We are to commit everything we do to the LORD. Trust Him, and He will help you. Such good advice when applied to relationships…or building bridges. We can find our strength in the Lord. That strength for me is the desire of my heart.

The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:7

I know when I struggle with problems—that may include connecting with others or with God—and I turn those trials over to the Lord, He takes away the anxiety and stress. God is good. How often do you hear that? Too often, but it is so true. The Lord provides strength in our weakness. He is always there to help us. Trust Him. He will help you as you pray, plan, and commit your way to the Lord whether it is a spiritual bridge or bond between you and God or you and another person. Pray – Plan – Commit.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. Titus 2:11-13

 

© 2023 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: