Saturday, July 17, 2021

Seek and You Will Find

Meditate. Consider David’s instructions to his son, Solomon.

And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 1 Chronicles 28:9

Seek Him and you will find him. There are lots of scripture verses that tell us about seeking the Lord.

-        Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Isaiah 55:6

-        Seek the LORD, all who are humble, and follow his commands. Seek to do what is right and to live humbly. Perhaps even yet the LORD will protect you--protect you from his anger on that day of destruction. Zephaniah 2:3

-        Search for the LORD and for his strength; continually seek him. 1 Chronicles 16:11

-        I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the LORD, speak only what is true and declare only what is right. Isaiah 45:19

I especially think this last one above where the Lord is declaring…I would not have told the people of Irael to seek me if I could not be found. God has such a sense of humor…is so truthful and straightforward! He’s not going to tell us to do something…like look for Him…if He can’t be found! I love it. Think about it. Would you tell someone to look for you if you couldn’t be found? Like in Hide and Seek-sure the “winner” is the last person found or in the case of our super hider grandson—you may not find him. But God gives us clues. He wants everyone, not just the Jews, to know Him.

Seek God in His Word.
Let the Light of Jesus'
 Love be found in you.

Torah - in Synogogue in Israel.


Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matthew 7:7-8

So if you haven’t found Him yet, get out there and look for God. Get a relationship started with Him today. Seek and you will find.

Prayer ~ Lord, I love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength and am asking You to reveal more of Yourself to me…day by day. 

Verses of Salvation ~ But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, "The LORD is great!" As for me, since I am poor and needy, let the Lord keep me in his thoughts. You are my helper and my savior. O my God, do not delay. Psalm 40:16-17

Bible Trivia Answer to the Question: How many years were there between the end of the writing of the Old Testament and the writing of the New Testament?  400 years

Bible Trivia Question for next week ~ Where do we first see the Trinity together?

Happy Birthday, Melissa!

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

Think lovely, not ugly

No comments: